Due to the COVID-19 virus, our office has taken precautionary and safety measures in scheduling appointments and visiting the office. Please read the information below before making your appointment and going into the office. Should you have any questions please contact our office at 586-939-3333.
We are now open!!!!
- Before your appointment, please complete the following forms and bring them with you to your appointment, COVID-19 Pandemic Patient Disclosures and COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Dental Treatment. They can be found in the link below.
*COVID-19 Pandemic Emergency Dental Treatment Form*
*COVID-19 Pandemic Patient Disclosure Form*
- We ask that if you have come in contact with someone with the virus in the last two weeks or if you are showing any signs of the virus or being sick, that you reschedule your appointment
- When arriving for your appointment we ask that you call our office from your vehicle to check in for your appointment. We are exercising proper social distancing and are limiting the number of people in our office
- Please wear a face mask/covering in the office. If you have any questions/issues, please contact our office before your appointment
Please call us to schedule your appointment, office at 586-939-3333 or visit our website at www.smilesmichigan.com.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe:
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Due to the Covid-19 virus our office has set up a new protocol for patients that have appointments.
- We ask that if you have come in contact with someone with the virus in the last two weeks or if you are showing any signs of the virus that you reschedule your appointment
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment
When arriving for your appointment we ask that you call our office from your vehicle before coming in to check in for your appointment. We are limiting the number of people in our waiting room so we can let you know when the best time to come in to maintain proper social distancing
We will also be checking temperatures prior to your appointment
Once in the office we do ask that you wear a face covering if you are medically able
We will ask that you fill out the necessary Covid disclosure paperwork. If you are able to print and bring with you that is appreciated otherwise it will be made available in the office.
As always Family Dentistry is using universal precautions for every patient for your safety and ours.
Thank you for being our patient. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Family Dentistry of Sterling Heights